Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 1 - Check!

I was planning on starting 2 weeks ago. And technically I walked, but not according to the training plan. This week, however was much better. I missed a day, but I got in a workout on a rest day.

While I am only a week in, I have already started to see progress. By the end of the week, I started to run!! The first day I ran was Friday. I only ran for a few minutes, but I ran! My lungs felt like they actually haven't been used to their full capacity, like ever. Breathing deep for the rest of the day was followed by coughing. It was terrible.

But even with that, I felt great. While running, I loved it. It felt good. I realized that I don't know what I am doing. I don't know how to keep a pace, but why would I?? Today I ran a little more than I did the other day, and that is what I call progress.

And I have officially registered for the marathon weekend. This just got real.

No comments:

Post a Comment