Saturday, March 23, 2013

Work in Progress

I have never really been happy with my appearance.  Over the holidays my daughter and I fell asleep on the couch.  My husband took a picture of us, and it should have been a sweet picture.  However, all I noticed was my size and I can't get that picture out of my head.  I am the heaviest I have ever been, besides when I was pregnant.

Before we got married, I was on Weight Watchers.  I lost over 20 pounds before my wedding, and while I wasn't skinny, I did feel a little less self conscious about being in a strapless gown in front of my friends and family.  Well this November, my little sister is getting married.  She had asked me to be her Matron of Honor, and I am thrilled.  However, I can't imagine standing in front of everyone again looking (and feeling) like this.  This time I don't have my wedding to worry about, now I'll just be the chubby chick fixing the beautiful bride's dress. 

I am not looking to be a size 4 here, I have never been skinny.  I don't even know if it's possible for me to be skinny.  I am just looking to work on myself and feel more comfortable in my own skin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment