Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wait, what?

That's what I expected my husband to say when I told him.

I want to run a marathon.

Not just a marathon, one of those crazy Disney marathon weekends.

I have been on weight watchers for almost 4 months now, down 10 pounds with only about a million to go and I have done a lot of talking about what I should do for exercise. Going to the gym is my worst nightmare. The smell of it makes me want to vomit. So I have been trying things at home, looking forward to warmer weather to use the walking trail near my house. And then I found my motivation. And then I found a 26 week marathon training plan.

http://www.marathonrookie.com/marathon-training-programs.html

I have had, let's call it, a curiosity about marathons.  Working at a place that has so many people interested in fitness, I know a couple people who run marathons.  I watched documentaries about people who run 26.2 miles and they always end with people in pain, but the feeling is always the same. They have a feeling that they can do anything in the world.

So Monday starts my training. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment